The Village is designed for Independent Living. We have welcomed applications from a wide range of individuals over the years. Unfortunately, the Village cannot accommodate those who require assisted living.
An eligible applicant will be:
- Fifty-five years of age or older
- A Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Able to do self care and live independently with available island support services
- Mobile (provision is made in the buildings for walkers and wheelchairs)
- Able to manage household duties
- Able to do planning for the activities of daily living
- Have a gross household income that does not exceed the median income for families without children in B.C., based on data provided by Statistics Canada. For 2017, this figure is $69,360.
- Have a strong connection to Hornby Island (as a resident, or close relative of a resident) for a minimum of two years
The Society maintains a list of individuals interested in moving to the Village. To receive an application for residency, please contact Leslee Richards at 250-335-0383.