Creating and maintaining The Village has been possible only with the solid and ongoing support of the Hornby community. Please demonstrate your support by becoming a member of Hornby Island Elder Housing Society.
As an Elder Housing Society Member:
- Become eligible to sit on the Board and to elect the directors;
- Be a part of the Society’s decision-making;
- Share your skills, knowledge, expertise, ideas and energy;
- Contribute financially to Hornby housing for elders;
- Demonstrate to funding agencies continued community support.
Become a Lifetime Member
To become a member, please make a one time membership donation of $10 to $100, according to your preference. Please send your cheque to:
Hornby Island Elder Housing Society
Box 33, Hornby Island, BC
Become a Volunteer
Besides being a member, you can contribute to affordable housing by donating some of your time. We can use help in a variety of ways, including:
- Work parties from time to time on the Village site
- Fundraising events, such as at the Fall Fair Pie Booth, by baking pies or helping to serve
The Village depends on volunteer management and labour to keep operations going!
Make a Donation
Hornby Island Elder Housing Society is a registered charity. Tax receipts are issued for all donations.
To make a donation you can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mail to Hornby Island Elder Housing Society, Box 33, Hornby Island BC V0R 1Z0